• Currently 4.7500/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5




My name is Michael Lim, and I am a CPA who started his own practice in 2003. I started my career at KPMG, LLP in the Los Angeles office. After KPMG, I went to work at YUM! Brands (parent company of Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, and KFC), where I got involved in M&A work. I worked on several really interesting long term projects that involved franchising, real estate, contract law, and valuations on the buy and sell sides. Once my time at YUM! Brands ended, I was offered a chance to start my own tax and consulting practice. After 6 years of self-employment, I think I may be getting the hang of things. The name of my practice is called Semaphore Tax Strategies, and is based in Irvine, CA. Most of my client base is self-employed, or have small businesses, since there is much more opportunity for adding value with these clients.

Professional Licenses
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) California License #79338

16 Years of Work Experience


University of California (Santa Barbara) - Bachelor of Administration (BA) in Economics, Graduated with Honors

Question answered by Michael

How long should you keep individual tax returns?... read on

My daughter is 19, a full time student in college, and working. Can I claim her and does she still file a... read on

What do I do if I lose my W-2 Form and my employer doesn't have an extra copy?... read on

What account payable procedure can be used to locate unrecorded liabilities?... read on

The company has an asset with an original cost of $60,000 purchased on 1/1/06. The asset has a useful life of 5... read on

If I am a college student and I am a dependent of my mom, do I have to file taxes?... read on

My mother passed away at age 86. She had a $9,000 IRA account. I am the inheritor of the account. ... read on

I cashed out my IRA for $4,500 and I am not 59 1/2. What tax form am I required to complete in... read on

We are a non-profit and have a received a donation of a valuable rug. What are the requirements for recording this on... read on

I did not file tax returns in 2007 because I was not working. However, I continued to pay my mortgage using savings.... read on

Tax Question?

Get Expert answers to your tax and finance questions.

Back to Top