Explore the 1,000’s of finance and tax questions answered by professionals.

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

My name is on the title of my mother's house. Her name is on it as well. My name was .... ... read on

My parents gave me and my siblings their house years ago and officially had our names put on house. We .... ... read on

Are short term capital gains (stocks sold for a profit prior to the one-year holding period) considered income in regards .... ... read on

I was issued stock options from my former company. Upon resigning, I was required to exercise or lose my .... ... read on

Our company issued incentive stock options (ISO) to many employees. Several of them are asking questions about the taxation .... ... read on

I sold a rental residence in one state and will be using the proceeds to purchase another rental property in .... ... read on

I have lived in my home for 18 of the 24 months I've owned the home. If I sell .... ... read on

I have accumulated a lot of capital losses carried over from many years. Do I have to deduct $3,000 .... ... read on

A taxpayer bought a condo for his son to live in rent free in 2005. The son moved out in .... ... read on

If I sell my cottage at a loss can I deduct the loss? The cottage is not my personal residence .... ... read on