Explore the 1,000’s of finance and tax questions answered by professionals.

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

Are short term capital gains (stocks sold for a profit prior to the one-year holding period) considered income in regards .... ... read on

I was issued stock options from my former company. Upon resigning, I was required to exercise or lose my .... ... read on

Our company issued incentive stock options (ISO) to many employees. Several of them are asking questions about the taxation .... ... read on

I sold a rental residence in one state and will be using the proceeds to purchase another rental property in .... ... read on

I have lived in my home for 18 of the 24 months I've owned the home. If I sell .... ... read on

I have accumulated a lot of capital losses carried over from many years. Do I have to deduct $3,000 .... ... read on

A taxpayer bought a condo for his son to live in rent free in 2005. The son moved out in .... ... read on

If I sell my cottage at a loss can I deduct the loss? The cottage is not my personal residence .... ... read on

In 2003, a close relative had 2 acres and sells half to me. In 2013 this relative gifts me their .... ... read on

On Schedule D, I show a gain on line 15 and 16 and I'm instructed to use the Qualified Dividends .... ... read on