Explore the 1,000’s of finance and tax questions answered by professionals.

Our company made a down payment on inventory. The manufacturer will ship the order within 30 to 60 days .... ... read on

Can I capitalize patents? My company is applying for a patent and I would like to capitalize the research and .... ... read on

Are mailing lists treated as prepaid or period expenses? ... read on

In a medical practice, is the cost of supplies, which is given to patients on site, considered inventory, or an .... ... read on

How do I account for barter transactions? My company is providing a service to another company. That company is .... ... read on

Our business is wholesale. We sell cell phones. We give free merchandise to our best performing customers as a bonus. .... ... read on

A vendor offers to take a share of a company in lieu of taking payment for outstanding invoices. How would .... ... read on

Our company pays the utility bill for ourselves and two additional suites in the building. The other two companies agreed .... ... read on

Our company sold inventory after our books and records were finalized for the year. What are the proper journal .... ... read on

Our construction company is building an storage building for a customer which costs about $300,000. He would like us to .... ... read on