Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.


I sold a house on a land contract and I owe a mortgage on the house. Is there any place .... ... read on

I owe back taxes from several years ago that will be discharged through bankruptcy. I will also have a tax .... ... read on

If I have an installment agreement with the IRS, can I pay off the balance in full during the agreement? ... read on

I received a CP2000 tax notice for the 2010 tax year for 4 stock trades that I failed to report. .... ... read on

If I currently have an installment agreement in place with the IRS for my 2010 tax bill, can I modify .... ... read on

I am getting married on 12/12/12. The gentleman whom I am marrying owes back taxes for both federal and .... ... read on

My spouse died in 2004 and owed the IRS for back taxes. I've paid my own taxes but my .... ... read on

The mortgage on our house is in my wife's name, but my name is on the deed. I have .... ... read on

I am 50 years old and have an opportunity to receive a lump sum benefit from my previous employer. I .... ... read on

I received a notice from the IRS regarding a 1099-C issued for my 2010 tax return. I contacted the issuer .... ... read on