Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.


I'm a non-resident alien for tax purposes living in the US on J2 visa/status. I am a Russian citizen. I .... ... read on

Is it possible for an individual with an H1B Visa to be exempt from social security and medicare taxes? ... read on

Are the taxes paid to a foreign country for the sale of a property in that country deductible from the .... ... read on

I invested in a company based in India that has a stock ADR in the United States. The proceeds .... ... read on

Inherited a piece of land in Canada and subsequently sold it and the proceeds from sale went to a newly .... ... read on

A taxpayer received a Canadian Statement of Amounts paid to Non Residents of Canada, Form NR4. It was for pension .... ... read on

If I become a legal resident of Puerto Rico, is my NY State Teachers pension subject to Federal Income tax? ... read on

I currently live in Puerto Rico and get paid by a Puerto Rican company. Due to work reasons my .... ... read on

I pay more taxes on foreign income in Switzerland than I would pay in the United States. Is there .... ... read on

I lived in the United Kingdom until the start of 2013 and paid income tax there at a higher rate .... ... read on