Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


If I become a legal resident of Puerto Rico, is my NY State Teachers pension subject to Federal Income tax?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

Even though you moved to Puerto Rico, the pension will still be subject to federal taxes as per Internal Revenue Code Sections 861 to 865. The contributions associated with the pension is taxed according to where the services are performed and the earnings is sourced according to the location of the pension trust, which we assume is in New York. Thus, you will be subject to federal taxes.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.