Explore the 1,000’s of finance and tax questions answered by professionals.

My parents purchased a home back in 1978 for $300,000. They recently gifted me the home and added my .... ... read on

We inherited real estate from our parents estate. How exactly is the rental income reported and how will we .... ... read on

My primary residence sits on 52 acres of land in South Carolina. Recently, a prospective buyer inquired about purchasing some .... ... read on

When you convert a non-deductible traditional IRA to a Roth, do you also need to convert a portion of deductible .... ... read on

I receive a non-taxable transportation stipend from my company. The stipend doesn't even come close to covering the miles I .... ... read on

How does an individual use a "carried interest" stake to increase their IRA account? ... read on

We've obtained the estate tax identification number from the client and now we're getting ready to file a New York .... ... read on

My wife and I had a failed adoption in 2014. We paid all adoption fees in 2014 through an adoption .... ... read on

I lost my primary residence to a fire in 2011 and I paid off mortgage with insurance money and bought .... ... read on

Is a Roth IRA distribution before 59 1/2 taxable and subject to penalty? Please note that the distribution was .... ... read on