Explore the 1,000’s of finance and tax questions answered by professionals.

If I become a legal resident of Puerto Rico, is my NY State Teachers pension subject to Federal Income tax? ... read on

Taxpayer has not been able to claim his daughter on his tax return because she did not have a social .... ... read on

I moved to a different state last year and forgot to inform my employer of the address change. As a .... ... read on

My mother recently passed away and I received a life insurance check from prudential through my mother's life insurance company .... ... read on

I sold a house on a land contract and I owe a mortgage on the house. Is there any place .... ... read on

If I sell my cottage at a loss can I deduct the loss? The cottage is not my personal residence .... ... read on

I am manage stock investments in my personal account. Will the IRS allow me to deduct the cost of .... ... read on

I purchased an ETF that happens to issue a K-1. Box 8 of my K-1 (short-term capital gain/loss) is showing .... ... read on

I received a Form 1099-A from a deed in lieu from the house that I used to live in. I .... ... read on

In 2003, a close relative had 2 acres and sells half to me. In 2013 this relative gifts me their .... ... read on