• Currently 4.7500/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5




My name is Michael Lim, and I am a CPA who started his own practice in 2003. I started my career at KPMG, LLP in the Los Angeles office. After KPMG, I went to work at YUM! Brands (parent company of Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, and KFC), where I got involved in M&A work. I worked on several really interesting long term projects that involved franchising, real estate, contract law, and valuations on the buy and sell sides. Once my time at YUM! Brands ended, I was offered a chance to start my own tax and consulting practice. After 6 years of self-employment, I think I may be getting the hang of things. The name of my practice is called Semaphore Tax Strategies, and is based in Irvine, CA. Most of my client base is self-employed, or have small businesses, since there is much more opportunity for adding value with these clients.

Professional Licenses
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) California License #79338

16 Years of Work Experience


University of California (Santa Barbara) - Bachelor of Administration (BA) in Economics, Graduated with Honors

Question answered by Michael

Can I take out my 401k to buy a house and not pay taxes on it?... read on

I took a distribution from my 401k of $10 000 and I was given a 1099-R Form. Do I still pay tax... read on

Do legal expenses become part of the cost of an asset?... read on

Are Tax Exempt Municipal Bond Interest and Specified Private Activity Bond Interest subject to the AMT tax?... read on

How you would journalize someone giving you a deposit of furniture you loan them with the intention of them returning it and getting... read on

I am trying to do the accounting for my company and ran into an issue. I am using QuickBooks. I have... read on

If a gas station has tanks removed, is it considered a capital improvement?... read on

What's the best small business accounting software?... read on

What are the pros and cons for a company to take purchase discounts offered from suppliers?... read on

I am selling my home in California. I know that $250,000 is mine to keep, however, about $176,000 I believe is subject... read on

Tax Question?

Get Expert answers to your tax and finance questions.

Back to Top