• Currently 4.7500/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5




My name is Michael Lim, and I am a CPA who started his own practice in 2003. I started my career at KPMG, LLP in the Los Angeles office. After KPMG, I went to work at YUM! Brands (parent company of Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, and KFC), where I got involved in M&A work. I worked on several really interesting long term projects that involved franchising, real estate, contract law, and valuations on the buy and sell sides. Once my time at YUM! Brands ended, I was offered a chance to start my own tax and consulting practice. After 6 years of self-employment, I think I may be getting the hang of things. The name of my practice is called Semaphore Tax Strategies, and is based in Irvine, CA. Most of my client base is self-employed, or have small businesses, since there is much more opportunity for adding value with these clients.

Professional Licenses
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) California License #79338

16 Years of Work Experience


University of California (Santa Barbara) - Bachelor of Administration (BA) in Economics, Graduated with Honors

Question answered by Michael

I am a trustee for a living trust and getting paid for my work with the trust. How much can I be... read on

Is it too late to file my taxes for 2007?... read on

If I am paid alimony (that is due for the next 2 years @ $30K/yr) in one lump sum today, will I be... read on

Can you file an amendment on your 2008 taxes and still qualify for the homebuyer tax credit?... read on

In 2009 I took $30,000 from my IRA. I am filing my tax return now and I don't know where to put... read on

What form can I file to validate my self employment income if the client did not report my wages on their income tax... read on

Should a married couple file separated when one has a full time job plus a business?... read on

I just realized that my husband filed his 2008 tax return as single. Is this illegal? We were married in October... read on

Is there a form to file if a person is receiving cash payments for services rendered?... read on

If you have an amount on line 12 of an 1120 corporation for officers compensation and there are no employees, are you required... read on

Tax Question?

Get Expert answers to your tax and finance questions.

Back to Top