• Currently 4.7500/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5




My name is Michael Lim, and I am a CPA who started his own practice in 2003. I started my career at KPMG, LLP in the Los Angeles office. After KPMG, I went to work at YUM! Brands (parent company of Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, and KFC), where I got involved in M&A work. I worked on several really interesting long term projects that involved franchising, real estate, contract law, and valuations on the buy and sell sides. Once my time at YUM! Brands ended, I was offered a chance to start my own tax and consulting practice. After 6 years of self-employment, I think I may be getting the hang of things. The name of my practice is called Semaphore Tax Strategies, and is based in Irvine, CA. Most of my client base is self-employed, or have small businesses, since there is much more opportunity for adding value with these clients.

Professional Licenses
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) California License #79338

16 Years of Work Experience


University of California (Santa Barbara) - Bachelor of Administration (BA) in Economics, Graduated with Honors

Question answered by Michael

Can I file a separate return even though I am married? In what situations do you recommend to file separately?... read on

When you file your own tax return, can someone else claim you on their tax return?... read on

If you are drawing social security, do you have to file a federal income tax return before age 65?... read on

Can I carry my parent as a dependent if I provide care for her?... read on

I have a 16 year old that worked this summer and made under $1,000 dollars. How do we file taxes or must she... read on

I filed my taxes too early and left out some important tax information from my stocks and bank interest. I know I have... read on

What does it mean to have a high AR balance?... read on

If I didn't file my 2008 taxes, which form do I use to file now and do you have any suggestions?... read on

If you do not have to pay any income taxes, do you still have to file a tax return?... read on

My husband and I were married in Dec. 2009. He owes previous back taxes from before I met him. How should I file... read on

Tax Question?

Get Expert answers to your tax and finance questions.

Back to Top