Explore the 1,000’s of finance and tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to Filing Taxes


Related User


If you are drawing social security, do you have to file a federal income tax return before age 65?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

Yes, social security is considered income.  Therefore, if you are drawing social security, you may have to file a federal tax return.


If your only income is social security income, then none of the social security income is considered taxable.  However, if you have income from any other source (wages, income, pensions, etc.), you will have to declare up to 85% of your social security benefits as taxable, starting at $25,000 for those filing Single, and $34,000 for those Married Filing Joint.


Reference:  IRC S86

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.7500/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
126 Ans.