• Currently 4.7500/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5




My name is Michael Lim, and I am a CPA who started his own practice in 2003. I started my career at KPMG, LLP in the Los Angeles office. After KPMG, I went to work at YUM! Brands (parent company of Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, and KFC), where I got involved in M&A work. I worked on several really interesting long term projects that involved franchising, real estate, contract law, and valuations on the buy and sell sides. Once my time at YUM! Brands ended, I was offered a chance to start my own tax and consulting practice. After 6 years of self-employment, I think I may be getting the hang of things. The name of my practice is called Semaphore Tax Strategies, and is based in Irvine, CA. Most of my client base is self-employed, or have small businesses, since there is much more opportunity for adding value with these clients.

Professional Licenses
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) California License #79338

16 Years of Work Experience


University of California (Santa Barbara) - Bachelor of Administration (BA) in Economics, Graduated with Honors

Question answered by Michael

I would like to know what information I need to help get my company's taxes filed for 2007,2008, & 2009. The company... read on

My daughter is 15 years old and she has worked weekends in a restaurant for the last year. She has claimed exempt... read on

How long should I save the tax returns?... read on

How many years do I have to keep my income tax forms and/or backup documentation?... read on

If I am issued a 1099 form from my customer, do I pay quarterly estimated taxes or do I pay at the end... read on

If I am divorcing my husband, is it better to file married jointly or separately for 2010?... read on

Can you include someone that is over 50 years old on your income tax return as a dependent?... read on

I have a son who will be turning 21. How long can we claim him as a dependent?... read on

Do I have to file bartending wages that I did not make minimum wage on?... read on

If I get married on December 31, 2009, can I claim married status on my 2009 taxes?... read on

Tax Question?

Get Expert answers to your tax and finance questions.

Back to Top