Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to Personal Tax


Related User


My client is thinking of setting up a Charitable Remainder Trust. How can he do that? Can you explain the tiered taxation of Charitable Remainder Trusts?


Expert Mark Anderson's Answer:

He can retain an estate planning attorney to draft a trust.   He would get a charitable deduction for the present value of the donation to the trust.  He would then receive a percentage of the assets and income like 5% and the remainder would go to the charity upon his death.  

Mark Anderson, JD


21 yrs experience

  • Currently /5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
110 Ans.