Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to Personal Tax


Related User


If the annuitant has passed away and the beneficiary is a trust with the annuitant's social security number, do I need to get a new TIN for the Annuity?


Expert Mark Anderson's Answer:

Typically, you do not need to get a TIN.  An annuity is a contract that pays out the listed beneficiary or beneficiary.  I would check with your attorney or CPA to make sure.

Mark Anderson, JD


21 yrs experience

  • Currently /5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
110 Ans.