Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


On my 2012 tax return, I forgot to report a certain amount of taxes withheld. Will this increase my chances of getting audited?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

The IRS does not provide the specific criteria they use to determine which tax returns will be audited. However, it is generally accepted that the IRS compare your return to other similar returns to identify inconsistencies. Having said that, you may want to amend your tax return if under-reporting your withholding taxes results in a refund. Please note that you must amend your return if you under-reported your income or over-reported your withholding tax, but this doesn't appear to be your situation. Also, don't forget about your state tax returns.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.