Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


My company is based in New Hampshire and I moved to Florida from Alabama in October of 2011. I have lived in Florida permanently since then, but the company never changed my residence on the payroll, and continued to withhold Alabama State Income Tax. The state of Florida has no income tax. How do I handle this when filing for 2012 since I have been a full time resident the entire year?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

You will need to file a non-resident Alabama state tax return to recover the amount that was incorrectly withheld on your biweekly paychecks. You will need to file Form 40NR and claim a refund for the over-payment.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.