Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


My husband and I are newlyweds. He was laid off for over 6 months in 2011. He is getting a little behind in his child support payments. His tax refund for 2012 will take care of most of his back child support. If we file married filing separately, will I receive my tax refund or will it go to his back child support?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

If you file as married filing separately, then your tax refund should be excluded from the child support payments. Thus, if you are entitled to a tax refund, you should be receiving one. Please note that you should keep your financial accounts separate from your husband until he repays his child support debts.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.