Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


If I work outside of the US, but my family remains in the US (Maryland), do I still have to pay Maryland state tax? I understand that I have to pay my federal tax no matter where I work.


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

Maryland is still where you domicile, correct? While some states have exemptions if you are living in a foreign country, Maryland does not. If your domicile had changed and you have no intention of returning to Maryland, then that is different. However, that doesn't appear to be the case based on the fact pattern provided. This is referenced in Maryland administrative release no. 37.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.