Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


If I live in Delaware but work as an independent contractor and I am paid out of Maryland, do I need to file a Maryland State tax return?


Expert Mark Anderson's Answer:

It depends upon the facts and circumstances.  You typically pay taxes to the state where you earn the income and live.   I would have your CPA review your situation.  I hope this answers your question.

Mark Anderson, JD


21 yrs experience

  • Currently /5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
110 Ans.