Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I received an unemployment check with taxes withheld for 2011. I did get $550 for housekeeping work but never received a 1099. Do I need to claim self employment income. I also have two children and am wondering if I qualify for the earning income or child tax credit?


Expert Mark Anderson's Answer:

Yes.  You should report the income as self employment.  If you do have earned income, then you could be eligible to for the earned income credit.   You also need to report your unemployment income.  I hope this answers your question. 

Mark Anderson, JD


21 yrs experience

  • Currently /5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
110 Ans.