Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I loaned my grandchildren money because the interest is better than the banks offer and my grandchildren get a better rate from me than what they can get for a home equity loan. How should this be reported for tax purposes?


Expert Todd Alexander's Answer:

The interest income you receive is reported on line 8a on the Form 1040 and summarized on Schedule B if you have over $1,500 in interest and dividend.

Todd Alexander, CPA


20 yrs experience

  • Currently 5.0000/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
31 Ans.