Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


An accounting firm prepares our joint tax return each year, we're married. We just received a bill from the IRS stating that we owe over $2,000 for 2010 taxes. Apparently, the tax preparers that we hired didn't include all of our W-2 forms even though they were furnished to them. Do we have any recourse?


Expert Mark Anderson's Answer:

Yes.  If they prepared the tax return incorrectly, then they should be responsible.  I would send the bill to the accounting firm and ask that they pay the tax since your provided the W-2s.  I hope this answers your question.  Thank you.

Mark Anderson, JD


21 yrs experience

  • Currently /5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
110 Ans.