Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I did not file my taxes in 2010 or 2011 and owed for 2009. I just received a letter from the IRS. Will I only pay a penalty for 2009 or do I also face failure to file penalties in 2010 and 2011. What should I do?


Expert Mark Anderson's Answer:

I would get your taxes filed as soon as possible.  Yes.  You can get a penalty for each year you fail to file.  I hope this answers your question. 

Mark Anderson, JD


21 yrs experience

  • Currently /5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
110 Ans.