Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I have several traditional IRAs. Being 71 1/2, I figured my required minimum distribution before April 1, 2012 was about $6,500. To be on the safe side I withdrew $6,700. Which form & line(s) should I use to report the $6,700?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

You will receive a form 1099-R from your custodian detailing the withdrawal from your traditional IRA. You need to report that amount on Line 15B of your form 1040.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.