Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I am a US citizen and considering investing in a Canadian LP that is doing investments in Mexico and the USA. What are the tax implications of future distributions?


Expert Mark Anderson's Answer:

You will be taxed in Canada and the US on income.  However, you do get a tax credit on your us income taxes for foreign taxes paid.   I hope this answers your question. 

Mark Anderson, JD


21 yrs experience

  • Currently /5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
110 Ans.