Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I am a U.S citizen from Texas living in India, but only have passive income. What forms should I file with my tax return?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

If you are a U.S. citizen, the rules for filing income, estate, and gift tax returns and paying estimated tax are generally the same whether you are in the United States or abroad. Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside. You would file a form 1040, but can claim a foreign tax credit via form 1116 for income earned and taxed abroad.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.