Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I am receiving a large inheritance from a relative that was living & passed away in China. What are the tax obligations if I bring this money to a US bank?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

There is no US or Georgia inheritance tax on money inherited from a foreign relative living in China; granted they weren't a US citizen living abroad. However, you would be required to report the money if over $100,000, for security reasons using IRS Form 3520, Annual Return to Report Transactions With Foreign Trusts and Receipt of Certain Foreign Gifts.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.