Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


My wife and I have been separated, but due to the housing market we have decided not to sell the house now and still live in the same house. Is it possible to file taxes separately and each of us as head of household?


Expert Abraham Itani's Answer:

No, since you are married and there is no official decree of divorce, your filling status is either: 1) Married filing jointly or

2) Married filing separately

Abraham Itani, CPA

New Jersey

20+ yrs experience

  • Currently /5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
12 Ans.