Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


How should I report a corrected W-2 form from the prior year? Do I report the mistake on the current year tax return?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

No, you need to apply the correction to your prior year tax return by filing a Form 1040X. You need to file this amended return if the corrected W-2 form increases your prior year tax liability and affects your allowable credits or deductions. When you file your form 1040X, attach a copy of your corrected Form W-2 to the amended return. Please also note that you might also need to amend your state return.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.