Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I go married three years ago and my wife left me for a woman whom she lives with in California. I live in Massachusetts with my girlfriend with whom I just had a baby with and the child is four months old. When I file my tax return, I want to claim my child. Should I file as married filing separately since I am not divorced yet?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

Yes, you would file as married filing separately.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.