Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


My employer listed my incorrect social security number on the W-2 form and but I still filed my taxes. What do I need to do to correct the problem?


Expert Mark Anderson's Answer:

You should contact your employer to let them know that have the incorrect number on the W-2.   They should file a corrected W-2.   You did the right thing by filing your taxes with the information provided.   I hope this answers your question. 

Mark Anderson, JD


21 yrs experience

  • Currently /5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
110 Ans.