Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I am 16 years old and earned $4,000 in 2011. My parents are claiming me as a dependent. Do I need to file a tax return and can I claim myself?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

You cannot claim yourself on your tax return if your parents are entitled to claim you as a dependent. You do not have to file a tax return since your earned income is less than $5,800 for the 2011 tax year.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.