Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


My ex-wife and I are alternating years in claiming our daughter on our tax returns. Our daughter lives with me and this year is my ex-wife's turn to claim her as a dependent. Can I still file as a head of household?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

It is technically possible for one parent to claim a child as a dependent and the other to file as head of household. For instance, a custodial parent may be able to claim head of household filing status even if he or she released a claim to exemption for the child.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.