Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


My baby's father and I live together and are both working and aren't married. I started my job in June 2012 and he started it in November 2011. He makes more money than I do. This tax season who should claim my daughter?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

In most cases, only a parent or qualifying relative can claim their child on their tax return. Your boyfriend may only be able to claim your child if he is supporting you as well and you earn $3,650 or less per year. Is this your case? If not, then only you can claim your child.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.