Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


When my son's father and I split up, I agreed to let him claim him on his taxes every other year. Now, I have changed my mind for various reasons. I read on the IRS website that he had to have an IRS worksheet completed and signed by me (custodial parent) to be able to claim him. Is this correct?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

You would complete form 8332 to revoke a previous release of claim to exemption for your child. This means that you would not allow your husband to claim the child. Please note that you must be the custodial parent to complete and sign this form.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.