Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I am getting married this year and my boyfriend just got out of college and hasn't found a job yet. Can I claim him on my 2012 taxes as a dependent if we don't get married before the end of the year?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

You can claim your boyfriend on your tax return if he is a member of your household the entire year and you meet all the other criteria for "qualifying relatives" (gross income - He can't of made more than $3,650 and support). If you get married before the end of the tax year, then it will be treated as if you were married for the entire year.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.