Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to Filing Taxes


Related User


My husband and I had a mix-up when filing our extension. We were just married in 2011 but he forgot to include my information on Form 4868 and I was under the impression that he did. We do wish to file jointly. Is it possible to add my information at this point?


Expert Mark Anderson's Answer:

I would contact the IRS to see if you can amend the extension or add your information.   However, I would suggest that you get your taxes filed as soon as possible to avoid any penalties.   I hope this answers your question.  

Mark Anderson, JD


21 yrs experience

  • Currently /5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
110 Ans.