Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


If I cash out an insurance policy, will I have a tax liability?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

If the cash surrender value is greater than the premiums and you surrender the policy, the excess is earnings and taxable income. You should receive a Form 1099-R showing the total proceeds and the taxable part. Report these amounts on lines 16a and 16b of Form 1040.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.