Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I had a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) payout of my retirement plan to my ex-spouse last year. Do I need to report the transfer on my tax return?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

This is not a taxable event for you as the retirement funds only transfer to your ex-spouse. This is referenced in IRC Section 414(P) and IRS Publication 575.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.