Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I am 73 years old and working full-time. Can I participate in my employers 401(K) plan? Can I take a one time withdrawal from the combined value of my IRA and current 401(K) or am I required to take a separate withdrawal from the IRA and separate withdrawal from my 401(K).


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

First, you can continue to contribute to a 401(K) even if you are receiving RMDs. Second, RMDs are determined separately for each of your retirement plans and are required per individual.
References: IRC Section 401(9)(a)
State: California

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.