Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to 1099 Tax


Related User


I just sold my primary residence for the exact same amount that I purchased it for. During the closing, the lawyer completed a 1099 tax form. Does this mean I will have to pay income tax on the sale?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

Based on the facts and circumstances that you've provided, your attorney is likely the settlement agent and filed form 1099-S. This may only be for informational purposes (not tax) as detailed in the instructions to form 1099-S.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.