Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I started a small business in Pennsylvania last year, but haven't made any money yet. How do I report that on k-1's to the investors?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

You report the income and expense items on the Form 1065 (assuming this is taxed as a partnership) which flows to the Schedule K-1. For instance, the ordinary loss is reported on line 1 of the Schedule K-1. This would be the partner's distributive share of this loss item.

References: IRS Publication 541; IRC Section 704
State: Pennsylvania

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.