Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I'm starting a career freelancing as a copywriter after years working full-time at an advertising agency. Do I need to establish a company(ie LLC) in order to deduct my expenses?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

You do not need to setup a separate entity to deduct business expenses. Rather, you can report it on schedule C of your form 1040. However, we would recommend that you setup a separate legal entity if you would like to protect your personal assets and separate it from your business.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.