Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


Last year, we adding some fixed assets to our depreciation schedule. We added a laptop for $1,400 using double declining depreciation instead of claiming a Section 179 deduction. Is there any way to take the remaining Section 179 depreciation this year?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

Yes, under Revenue Proclamation 2008-54 you are able to amend and elect Section 179 if you previously did not for tax years beginning after 2007 and through currently 2014.

References: Revenue Proclamation 2008-54
State: Michigan

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.