Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


We are a business in NYC with employees who reside in NJ. We don't have any business presence in NJ. Do we need to register as a foreign NJ corp in NJ so we can deduct NJ state taxes from NJ resident employees' paychecks? Or should we only handle NY state tax and leave it to employees to handle their own NJ taxes. We used Intuit online and it adds NJ state tax category automatically when a business has employees who reside in NJ so looking for guidance.


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

You would not register as a foreign corporation if you withhold taxes from employees that live in New Jersey, but your business is not conducting operations in that state. Rather, you need to complete and submit Form NJ-Reg (pages 17-19) and indicate that you are only withholding taxes and not conducting business in NJ.

References: Form NJ-Reg (pages 17-19
State: New Jersey

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.