Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I am part of a partnership. We did not include my pocket expenses on the partnership return. How do I report the expense on my tax return?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

Do you know if the un-reimbursed partnership expenses were required to be paid out of pocket as per the partnership agreement? If so, enter the amount on the separate line on Schedule E, Part II with the description "UPE." If the partnership agreement specifically states that the partnership has a non-reimbursement policy when expenses are incurred outside of the partnership or that it does not specifically require partners to pay for certain expenses, the deduction may be disallowed at the partner level. The routine practice of the partnership is also considered if there is no direction provided in the partnership agreement.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.