Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I'm a U.S based self employed contractor living in Florida and a European national. My contract is with a Norwegian company for consulting services in which the fee will range from $12,000 to $15,000. Do I pay taxes only in the United States and am I subject to FATCA requirements?


Expert Abraham Itani's Answer:

In general, if you are living in the US you will be subject to the US tax regiem. You will have to pay US tax on the income that you earn while in the US. Technically you have taken residency in the US if you have meet certain requirements, I am assuming that you have met  them. As for the FATCA, that is another subject, we can discuss further by submitting a request here

Abraham Itani, CPA

New Jersey

20+ yrs experience

  • Currently /5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
12 Ans.