Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


Our business is structured as sole proprietorship. We also have a corporation that is not active. Due to poor reporting we have multiple EINs. What is the correct way to handle this situation?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

If there is no active corporation and it's already been dissolved, you can request that the IRS remove the EIN. To close the account, send the IRS a letter that includes the complete legal name of the entity, the EIN, the business address and the reason you wish you need to close your account. If you have a copy of the EIN Assignment Notice that was issued when the EIN was assigned, include that when you write to the the IRS at: Internal Revenue Service, Cincinnati, Ohio 45999

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.