Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I understand that I need to file a form Schedule C if the business is a sole proprietorship and listed under my social security number. But, what if there is a separate EIN for the business? Is it still appropriate to report it on a Schedule C form? Also, what if taxes were filed with the social security number, but the EIN was not listed? Is an amended tax return needed?


The BIDaWIZ Team's Answer:

If your business is a sole proprietorship, this is the proper form to file. You would report the EIN that was issued to you on Form SS-4 on line D of form Schedule C. If you filed under your social security number as opposed to the EIN, you probably need to amend your tax return since all third party documents such as 1099 etc. show the EIN which won't match to the SS# as reported per the tax return.

The BIDaWIZ Team



  • Currently 4.6190/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
1547 Ans.