Explore the 1,000’s of tax questions answered by professionals.

Back to list


Related User


I co-own a California LLC with a partner. The partner and I no longer talk but I am listed as the "tax matters" person on our initial filing with the state. We had no income during years of operation but taxes weren't filed for any year or operation and we neglected to pay the initial $800 startup fee. I need to know how to go about finding how much i owe, and closing it?


Expert Mark Anderson's Answer:

You should make sure all the necessary tax returns are filed and then file the necessary paperwork to dissolve the LLC.  The forms and other information can be found the California Secretary of State at the following link:




It would also be a good idea to get some help from your CPA and attorney in filing the necessary returns and forms. 



Mark Anderson, JD


21 yrs experience

  • Currently /5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
110 Ans.